You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see Versions" in "Numbers" app on iPad

IPadOS is 16.5

Numbers version 13.1

Help please, I want to restore file to earlier version - done before but can't see the version history list!

I have try following Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet in Numbers on iPad – Apple Support (UK)

I have spreadsheet with only text - no numbers or formulae

With the spreadsheet open touch left arrow, top left of screen. This opens new screen "Recent" showing the spreadsheet I'm working on

Touch select

touch spreadsheet file icon - tick appears

Version history list is NOT visible!

what am I doing wrong?

Suggestions please

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 4:38 PM

6 replies

Jun 15, 2023 9:20 PM in response to hamteka

This worked for me (following your linked support document).

1. If a document is already open then return to the view that shows all documents that are stored in iCloud Drive.
  2. Tap Select at the top (that may behind the icon with three dots and a circle)
  3. Tap the document for which you want to view versions.
  4. Tap versions at the top (that may be a clock icon).
  5. Choose the version that you want from the list that appears.

If there are no versions listed there and there should be because you've been working with that document for some time then you may need to check that iCloud syncing is working properly on your device.

SG

Can't see Versions" in "Numbers" app on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.