You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asking for IPad passcode when I don't have an IPad

Whenever I try to update my Apple ID settings it asks for my IPad passcode, I don't own an IPad. When I click that I don't know IPad passcode Is it just telling me to reset my encrypted data and I really only want to do that as a last resort.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 7:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 7:55 PM

shiny_rock Said:

"Asking for IPad passcode when I don't have an IPad: Whenever I try to update my Apple ID settings it asks for my IPad passcode, I don't own an IPad. When I click that I don't know IPad passcode Is it just telling me to reset my encrypted data and I really only want to do that as a last resort."

-------

Seems you need to add a trusted device, and remove this iPad form it.

Troubleshooting Two-Factor Authentication:

Set it up correctly: Manage Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID from iPad - Apple Support

Verify your Trusted Numbers:

1. Go Here: How to Get Verification Code on New Phone after I Erased all my Stuff from Old Phone - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Add or remove a trusted phone number
  3. As it Reads: "If you can’t access any trusted devices when setting up a new device for two-factor authentication, tap 'Didn’t get a verification code?' on the new device, then choose one of your trusted phone numbers to receive the verification code."

So, Verify your Devices:

Verify that an iPad is logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. If it is seen there, and you do not recognize it, then you need to secure your account.

Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2023 7:55 PM in response to Shiny_Rock

shiny_rock Said:

"Asking for IPad passcode when I don't have an IPad: Whenever I try to update my Apple ID settings it asks for my IPad passcode, I don't own an IPad. When I click that I don't know IPad passcode Is it just telling me to reset my encrypted data and I really only want to do that as a last resort."

-------

Seems you need to add a trusted device, and remove this iPad form it.

Troubleshooting Two-Factor Authentication:

Set it up correctly: Manage Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID from iPad - Apple Support

Verify your Trusted Numbers:

1. Go Here: How to Get Verification Code on New Phone after I Erased all my Stuff from Old Phone - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Add or remove a trusted phone number
  3. As it Reads: "If you can’t access any trusted devices when setting up a new device for two-factor authentication, tap 'Didn’t get a verification code?' on the new device, then choose one of your trusted phone numbers to receive the verification code."

So, Verify your Devices:

Verify that an iPad is logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. If it is seen there, and you do not recognize it, then you need to secure your account.

Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Asking for IPad passcode when I don't have an IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.