You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2017 4k 21.5" running on Venura 13.4 suddenly switching off

Hi,

I was listening to an audio file for work when my iMac went dark on me. No warning, no power cut.

I was able to turn it back on, but needless to say I am worried. It reopened all my windows (Safari + Firefox + what's App + Mail) but if anyone has any idea what the underlying issue could be, I'd be grateful (my previous iMac died on me in 2017 but I was hoping to make this one go for another couple years!

Specs :

3GHz Intel Core i5

Radeon Pro 555 2 Go

16 Go 2400MHz DDR4

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 5:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 5:42 AM

Your computer might automatically shut off for safety reasons such as getting too hot or too many applications are running on it at the same time. Your warranty period is also not available since it is from 2017, but the best solution is to go to the Apple Store to get it checked.

Similar questions

2 replies

iMac 2017 4k 21.5" running on Venura 13.4 suddenly switching off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.