You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Blood Oxygen App would not Sync w/ iPhone

Hey all,

I've just got my first apple watch largely for the blood oxygen/respiration count, but its trying me.

It keeps saying I need to "open the 'Watch' app on the phone" but i can see it is already activated on the setting in the Watch and Health app. I did try going Health -> Browse -> Respiratory -> Blood Oxygen, still marked on

I see the settings and all that but cannot get any further on the watch beyond the prompt to open Watch app on the phone. Tried redownloading, reactivating on the phone, reboot.

Anyone else know a solution to this?

iPhone 14 pro, everything else (including HBR) synced and works, bluetooth connected, Watch app registered, etc

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 9:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 2:17 AM

Please see the Setup steps in How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch - Apple Support. We know you have already done the setup, I'm suggesting use the doc as a checklist, and a shared resource so you can indicate exactly which step fails.

If that doesn't help I suggest restarting both your iPhone and the Apple Watch. A reboot is always a good problem solver. If you are still unsuccessful after the restart then you might have to consider more extreme steps like unpairing your Apple Watch, then re-pair and see if it behaves better.

The last resort as both your devices are new so you should get good help from a Genius Bar appointment where you can walk in and demonstrate the problem. If you need that option, start the process with (link) Contact Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2023 2:17 AM in response to loungebaker

Please see the Setup steps in How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch - Apple Support. We know you have already done the setup, I'm suggesting use the doc as a checklist, and a shared resource so you can indicate exactly which step fails.

If that doesn't help I suggest restarting both your iPhone and the Apple Watch. A reboot is always a good problem solver. If you are still unsuccessful after the restart then you might have to consider more extreme steps like unpairing your Apple Watch, then re-pair and see if it behaves better.

The last resort as both your devices are new so you should get good help from a Genius Bar appointment where you can walk in and demonstrate the problem. If you need that option, start the process with (link) Contact Apple Support.

Apple Watch Blood Oxygen App would not Sync w/ iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.