You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch is locked and I can't contact previous owner

I bought an Apple Watch after the lady, but when I try to connected to my phone, it shows that is locked. I try to contact the lady and now she tells me that she erased it from her phone it shouldn’t be connected. I asked if I bought an Apple Watch after the lady, but when I try to connect it to my phone, it shows that it’s locked. I try to contact the lady and now she tells me that she erased it from her phone it shouldn’t be connected. I asked if we can meet again and she just said that she can’t. Is there a way to override it being locked so I can connect it to my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 12:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 1:27 PM

No, you cannot override Activation Lock. The only person who can remove the Activation Lock is the lady you bought the watch from. Apple won't unlock it for you. We can't help you unlock it.

Send the seller this link and tell her she needs to remove the watch from her account --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If she cannot do this, return the watch to her for refund as it is useless to you. If she refuses to give you your money back, recycle the watch responsibly.

Here's another link about buying used Apple Devices --> https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250001038

Ps: Which is the real story. Your subject says you can't reach the previous owner, yet in your post you say she doesn't want to meet with you. Something doesn't add up.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2023 1:27 PM in response to gisselle268

No, you cannot override Activation Lock. The only person who can remove the Activation Lock is the lady you bought the watch from. Apple won't unlock it for you. We can't help you unlock it.

Send the seller this link and tell her she needs to remove the watch from her account --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If she cannot do this, return the watch to her for refund as it is useless to you. If she refuses to give you your money back, recycle the watch responsibly.

Here's another link about buying used Apple Devices --> https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250001038

Ps: Which is the real story. Your subject says you can't reach the previous owner, yet in your post you say she doesn't want to meet with you. Something doesn't add up.

My Apple Watch is locked and I can't contact previous owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.