You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Classical App Playlist Issues

I have some playlist issues with the Apple Classical app. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong. I’m using my existing Apple Music playlists, so I don’t know whether these issues apply to new playlists created in Apple Classical.

Adding to a playlist

1) If I want to add a track to a playlist, it does not warn me if the track is already there. It adds it, and will continue to do so multiple times. On the Music app, I get a message that the item is in the playlist, and I have the option to add or skip.

2) Furthermore, when I add to a playlist, the playlists display in some random sequence I can’t identify.

3) Finally on adding tracks, there’s no default to the last playlist I added to, as in the Music app. So I have to scroll through my playlists, which are in random order, each time I add a track.

Viewing playlists via the Library

The playlist access via the library’s is weird. It shows a few playlists, but then I have to select each time to view all.

When list displays, it’s in recently added sequence. I can click the menu on the top right to switch to alphabetical, which is my preference, but the app does not remember my choice and I have to reset it each time.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 12:16 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 19, 2023 10:16 PM in response to Em-d-Kay

Yes. Thank you- playlists do not work for me in Apple Classical. I have done everything imaginable but as soon as you add a dozen or so tracks the playlist just starts playing the first dozen or so tracks in random order.

Apple support told me this has become a known issue. I hope everyone with this issue calls Apple support and lets them hear about it. They will hopefully be fixing this in a software update

Classical App Playlist Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.