You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music doesn't properly anymore (multiple issues)

I noticed ever since I downloaded the two most recent software updates early August 2024 (I now have Sonoma 14.6.1), Apple Music is not working properly anymore.

Issue 1: I cannot rename play lists anymore. Using the "edit' button to rename a (smart) play list, the name of the playlist keeps being displayed in the bar on the left under the old name, even though when editing the new name is displayed in the small editing field.

Issue 2: "Last played" doesn't work anymore. Music is not registering that I played certain tracks. They simply do not show in my "last played" playlist and/or under the "last played" column in the playlist itself (I don't know how to call it, English is not my first language).

Issue 3: tracks that I've manually removed from playlists, later still appear in that same playlist.

Seems to me all these bugs are related, having to do with changes not being saved. Anyone else notice these?

Apple can you please fix these bugs? Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Aug 10, 2024 2:12 AM

10 replies

Aug 24, 2024 9:06 PM in response to Angeloface

Angeloface Said:

"Apple Music doesn't properly anymore (multiple issues): [...]I hope the find a fix soon. In the meantime, I'm "scared" to lose all my curated playlists...."

-------

To the OP and all readers having this issue:

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Report this to AppleApple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback Apple receives on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in upcoming updates. Apple will know nothing of your issue, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all started after installing an update, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL to this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Aug 24, 2024 8:40 PM in response to rutger16

Yes, I have all those problems and more... There are time consuming work arounds.... change the name of the playlist then restart the mac and the name sticks... but hassle free use is done. Also, if I synch music to my phone... many times the artwork will fail to appear. It's all a huge hassle and I hope the find a fix soon. In the meantime, I'm "scared" to lose all my curated playlists....

Aug 25, 2024 6:07 AM in response to rutger16

Try holding down option as you launch Music and explicitly reselect the library that you want it to open, typically ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary where ~ is your user's home folder. It seems occasionally Music can present a cached version of the library that doesn't update properly.

Try holding down option+cmd as you launch Music to open it in its safe mode. This may perform some additional integrity checking on the library.

tt2

Aug 26, 2024 12:07 AM in response to Angeloface

Thanks for sharing. I also noticed in recent days that the smart playlists features sometimes don't work properly anymore. Just like you said, scared to lose all my curated playlists and it's all a huge hassle to have to use tricks to make it work properly. It really seems to have to do with the latest Sonoma software update; I also keep getting notifications that there are new software updates, but every time I click on that, my Mac tells me my software is up to date (14.6.1). Will just have to wait for a proper update I guess.

Apple Music doesn't properly anymore (multiple issues)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.