You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3 Texts

I am new to Apple Watch and have a 3, I really like it. When I get a text message from a number rather than a name, kind of like a spam or just a blast email about a sale or whatever, I delete it from my phone or read it, it still shows as unread on my watch. However, when I get a text from a contact or a friend and delete or read it on the cellphone, it still shows up as unread and/or is not deleted from my watch. Still shows up as unread. Any way to remedy that?

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 7:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 9:23 AM

iMessages from other apple users are deleted from Watch when you delete them from iPhone.

Unfortunately SMS texts do not follow the iphone deletions and need to be deleted manually.

You can out in a request for Apple to think about that in future https://apple.com/feedback

3 replies

Apple Watch 3 Texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.