You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The contents of the iPhone could not be read. Click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings.

My iPhone (XS, 16.3.1) cannot be connected to my Macbook. It is an issue of the iPhone, NOT the macbook.

I know this because I have tried many different Macbooks.

I also have tried:

• Different cables
  • Connected the iPhone when it was turned on and unlocked
  • Disconnected any other devices
  • Tried with an iPad -> this works
  • Different USB ports and different Macbook
  • Reboot my iPhone
  • Reboot my Macbook
  • "Trust" the computer on both devices
  • Checked System Information -> I can see an `iPhone` entry in the Hardware/USB tab
  • Finder can recognize the phone, just not the details. I can see the iPhone model, the storage, the ios version
  • Update IOS (I am now on 16.3.1)
  • Update MacOS (I am now on Ventura 13.0.1)

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 1:54 AM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2023 1:05 PM in response to josias-r

Hello josias-r,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities!

If your Mac doesn't seem to be able to see your iPhone as expected, the steps in here may help with resolving that: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you don't see any improvement after going through those steps, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support to look in to that further and see what options you have.

You can reach out to them here: Get Support

Take care!

The contents of the iPhone could not be read. Click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.