You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie

TL;DR text in my transitions is getting cut off.

I'm building a slideshow in iMovie10.3.5 , when I put in transitions with text it gets cropped so I can only see some of it. Cropping is to fit, but crop to fill is the same. Thinking it could be aspect ratio but cant seem to figure out how to change it, not in preferences.

Any ideas?

R

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 6:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 9:35 AM

I used the Lower Third title and got this:

Maybe you just need to make the font smaller for the text in the bottom line. Or try with a different font or a different title template. Before typing, double-click on the blue colored title template icon that you have inserted in the upper timeline above your picture. That will open the text boxes in the preview screen where you can type in your text.

If still having trouble, try deleting preferences and see if that cures it. To delete preferences, open iMovie while

holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie usually will open in a new empty library. If so, reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Or, you can try moving your media to a newly created project and see if the titles work better there.

-- Rich

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2023 9:35 AM in response to Richard Rodriguez2

I used the Lower Third title and got this:

Maybe you just need to make the font smaller for the text in the bottom line. Or try with a different font or a different title template. Before typing, double-click on the blue colored title template icon that you have inserted in the upper timeline above your picture. That will open the text boxes in the preview screen where you can type in your text.

If still having trouble, try deleting preferences and see if that cures it. To delete preferences, open iMovie while

holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie usually will open in a new empty library. If so, reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Or, you can try moving your media to a newly created project and see if the titles work better there.

-- Rich

iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.