You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders disappearing

If I add a reminder on my Mac or iOS, then it disappears a few hours later. Help!

• I’m on the latest iOS (16.3.1) and latest MacOS (Monterrey)
  • My iCloud sync works with everything else and Reminders syncing is on like everything else
  • I’ve tested this both ways ie adding Reminder on Mac or on iOS and it shows up properly on both devices (so sync works) but just disappears without a trace when I check again a few hours later
  • i don’t have any automations active ie IFTTT or Home scenes or whatever

It’s driving me mad!!

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 5:36 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 9, 2023 2:19 PM in response to emckillen

Hey there emckillen,

That is strange behavior, and we certainly understand the need for it to work as expected. From what it sounds like, everything does work as expected, aside from your iCloud Reminders going missing a few hours after you add them using either of your two devices. Let's start with confirming more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some possible causes:

1. When did this start to occur with iCloud Reminders?
  2. You mentioned that there are no issues syncing other iCloud content, but have you noticed other iCloud content disappearing besides Reminders?
  3. Do those reminders also disappear if you check directly on the iCloud website? Here's the link just in case: iCloud
  4. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone and check out the section ‘Restart your Mac' here: Shut down or restart your Mac
  5. You mentioned having the latest iOS 16.3.1, and the latest for macOS Monterey, but the latest for macOS Monterey would be version 12.6.3. You can verify this by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update macOS on Mac.

Cheers!

Mar 10, 2023 8:06 AM in response to bruno75

but the latest for macOS Monterey would be version 12.6.3.

durp, I'm actually on Ventura 13.2.1 know that I double-check

I think my smart tags might be the issue; i realized they were setup in a silly fashion, making untagged reminders invisible or something but that still that doesn't make total sense so I'm still looking into it and running tests

will report back if I still need help but thanks!

Reminders disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.