You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect my two imacs with my macbook pro 14 m1

Hi,

See the images please.

I need connect my two iMacs Mid 2011 to my Macbook pro 14 M1.

• These iMacs: One with Mid 2011 High Sierra and other Mid 2011 with El Capitan;
  • Base with Macbook Pro 14 M1 2021;
  • I have a HUB - Hagibis Dual Display Adapter;

• I test with two cables Minidisplay to HDMI but no work, these iMacs need Thunderbolt 2 cable? What is this cable, have a sample?

Many thanks...

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 6:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 6:05 PM

Unfortunately, that setup is not supported by Apple. The iMacs cannot be used as a monitor for any of the newest Macs and Target Display mode is no longer a feature of macOS, having been deprecated several years ago.

Please see: Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

Per the link above:

• Your target iMac (monitor) must be using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or earlier. 

• In all cases the source Mac that you're connecting FROM must have been introduced in 2019 or earlier and have macOS 10.15 Catalina or earlier installed.

However, you might consider a third-party solution, for example: Luna Display or Duet Display.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2023 6:05 PM in response to rmlins

Unfortunately, that setup is not supported by Apple. The iMacs cannot be used as a monitor for any of the newest Macs and Target Display mode is no longer a feature of macOS, having been deprecated several years ago.

Please see: Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

Per the link above:

• Your target iMac (monitor) must be using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or earlier. 

• In all cases the source Mac that you're connecting FROM must have been introduced in 2019 or earlier and have macOS 10.15 Catalina or earlier installed.

However, you might consider a third-party solution, for example: Luna Display or Duet Display.

How to connect my two imacs with my macbook pro 14 m1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.