You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is only half of my email content showing?

I've been struggling with Mac mail on my iMac. On certain emails it only shows half the content which is very frustrating.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 8:05 AM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2023 6:18 PM in response to JeansFlowers117

Hi JeansFlowers117,

Additional information on what is being displayed or not displayed, as well as factors such as the type of email, if it is affecting specific senders, etc would be necessary to provide a more targeted solution to your concern.

The support article Read emails in Mail on Mac includes a section on how email messages will be displayed:

"Change how emails are shown

In the Mail app  on your Mac, do any of the following:

• Turn off conversations to ungroup messages: Choose View > Organize by Conversation. Email conversations are off if there’s no checkmark next to the command.
  • Sort messages: Choose View > Sort By, then choose an attribute, such as From or Size, and a sort order.
  • Show the message preview on the side or bottom of the Mail window: Choose View > Show Side Preview or View > Show Bottom Preview.
  • Show more details: Choose View, then choose details to show, such as Date and Time or Message Size (a checkmark indicates a detail is shown).
  • Show messages with dark backgrounds (when using Dark Mode on your Mac): Choose Mail > Settings, click Viewing, then select “Use dark backgrounds for messages.”
  • Resize the message list: Drag the bar that separates the message list and the message preview to the left or right.

Alternatively, you can use column layout to view messages. See Use column layout."

Further configuration options are covered in Change Viewing settings in Mail on Mac.

If the emails contain a conversation, previous replies may be minimized or hidden based on your email service provider. It could also be possible that the email contains content that cannot be recognized by macOS Mail.

Regards.

Why is only half of my email content showing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.