You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

May I sync Bookmarks with multiple accounts?

Example. My wife and I share one appleid. But she uses HER gmail address for calendar, mail, and contacts; and I use MY gmail address for calendar, mail, and contacts. As you may deduce, → handy ← separation! May we also use HER gmail address for Safari and MY gmail address for Safari?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 10:34 AM

Hey F J Poblam,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Bookmarks that are synced via iCloud are associated with your Apple ID. Since the Bookmarks are associated with an Apple ID, she would need her own Apple ID/iCloud account to sync her Bookmarks.

You can review more information about this here: Set up iCloud for Safari on all your devices.

If she doesn't have one, she can follow the steps here to create one: How to create a new Apple ID.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 3, 2023 10:34 AM in response to F J Poblam

Hey F J Poblam,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Bookmarks that are synced via iCloud are associated with your Apple ID. Since the Bookmarks are associated with an Apple ID, she would need her own Apple ID/iCloud account to sync her Bookmarks.

You can review more information about this here: Set up iCloud for Safari on all your devices.

If she doesn't have one, she can follow the steps here to create one: How to create a new Apple ID.

Take care.

Mar 3, 2023 12:37 PM in response to Sheree_P

I thank you for your reply. It is as I suspected. Bookmarks are not, as I hoped, as easily redirected (so to speak) as mail/contacts/calendars, which in our case are directed each to our own gmail accounts. Ah, so it goes. I’ll let her use Safari bookmarks and as for my bookmarks I’ll get a Firefox or iCab account. (Insofar as another appleid is concerned, we do not wish to pursue the extra bureaucracy of maintaining “family sharing” for the purpose of shared apps, app history, system maintenance, and all the rest…).

Again, I thank you.

May I sync Bookmarks with multiple accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.