You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bookmarks from another user appear in my login

Hi,

I am using safari on a Mac book pro. This MacBook has 3 users who share a family iCloud account.

However each user has a separate login.

My problem is that bookmarks from another user of the same Mac appear in my login. How can I avoid this from happening ?

thanks for your help

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 26, 2020 6:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 8:41 AM

Hello dimwitOrNot,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are seeing another users bookmarks. In a situation like this, make sure that each user is signed into their own iCloud account in the System Preferences of each of their user accounts. Even though you are all using a Family Sharing account, each user must be signed into iCloud with their individual account. If not, content like bookmarks which will shared with each account signed into the same iCloud account.

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2020 8:41 AM in response to dimwitOrNot

Hello dimwitOrNot,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are seeing another users bookmarks. In a situation like this, make sure that each user is signed into their own iCloud account in the System Preferences of each of their user accounts. Even though you are all using a Family Sharing account, each user must be signed into iCloud with their individual account. If not, content like bookmarks which will shared with each account signed into the same iCloud account.

Best Regards.

bookmarks from another user appear in my login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.