You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote connection to my iPhone via iTunes??

How do I prevent, stop, delete, an account that’s linked to my phone/Apple ID…one that I’ve NEVER accessed but continues to gain access to my phone remotely & without my “knowledge” or permission?!?!?!

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 11:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 11:30 AM

Chennessy13 wrote:

How do I prevent, stop, delete, an account that’s linked to my phone/Apple ID

This is not possible. There is no way to link any account to an Apple ID. An Apple ID is an account, and cannot have other accounts linked to it in any way.

Where are you seeing this linked account exactly?

but continues to gain access to my phone remotely & without my “knowledge” or permission?!?!?!

Also, not possible. There is no way to remotely access an iPhone in any way shape or form.

Why do you believe it's gaining access to your phone remotely?

What makes you think this is happening?

Explain what you are seeing or is exactly happening on your iPhone that makes you believe this?

If you believe your Apple ID is compromised click here ➜ If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2023 11:30 AM in response to Chennessy13

Chennessy13 wrote:

How do I prevent, stop, delete, an account that’s linked to my phone/Apple ID

This is not possible. There is no way to link any account to an Apple ID. An Apple ID is an account, and cannot have other accounts linked to it in any way.

Where are you seeing this linked account exactly?

but continues to gain access to my phone remotely & without my “knowledge” or permission?!?!?!

Also, not possible. There is no way to remotely access an iPhone in any way shape or form.

Why do you believe it's gaining access to your phone remotely?

What makes you think this is happening?

Explain what you are seeing or is exactly happening on your iPhone that makes you believe this?

If you believe your Apple ID is compromised click here ➜ If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Feb 15, 2023 5:08 PM in response to Phil0124

An iPhone can be accessed remotely, especially with Family Share, but beyond that is SIM swapping and company affiliated accounts where they do monitor phones to a certain extent.

It may not be an easy task for some, but for those with nothing better to do in life and/or without responsibilities that require them to get outside, companies wouldn’t need a Security department to provide a link to Report Fraud if what I’ve mentioned isn’t possible.

So, I appreciate you “trying” to answer my question and giving a response that’s supposed to have me believe I’ve lost my mind or that I’m naive enough to believe what’s been said.

maybe you can respond to how I’m able to delete/close all accounts associated with my telephone number, serial #, the SIM, any eSIM that’s been set up but I’m not being notified of, and all the ICCID, MEID, IMEI, SEID, and EID numbers, which stand for and mean what exactly?

Feb 16, 2023 7:52 AM in response to Chennessy13

Chennessy13 wrote:

An iPhone can be accessed remotely, especially with Family Share

No. Family Sharing allows sharing of purchases, and in the case of children's devices it allows configuration of Screen Time settings. It does not give full access to the device. Nor is iTunes involved in any way.

, but beyond that is SIM swapping and company affiliated accounts where they do monitor phones to a certain extent.

A SIM card can be cloned, this has no bearing on accessing the iPhone at all. just accessing the number and getting its calls and messages.

Some level of management can be had on corporate phons tied to an MDM, but again, there is no direct real time access to the iPhone. It just allows certain settings to be set via the installed profile. It's not full remote control.

t may not be an easy task for some, but for those with nothing better to do in life and/or without responsibilities that require them to get outside, companies wouldn’t need a Security department to provide a link to Report Fraud if what I’ve mentioned isn’t possible.

Card fraud and other types of fraud have nothing to do with remotely controlling an iPhone.

o, I appreciate you “trying” to answer my question and giving a response that’s supposed to have me believe I’ve lost my mind or that I’m naive enough to believe what’s been said.

I don't want to to make you believe you lost you mind. Merely to point out something is not really possible and you may be mistaking actions or events for something entirely different. Since you have not provided any real details about why you believe this is happening, it's very difficult to provide any further help.

aybe you can respond to how I’m able to delete/close all accounts associated with my telephone number, serial #, the SIM, any eSIM that’s been set up but I’m not being notified of, and all the ICCID, MEID, IMEI, SEID, and EID numbers, which stand for and mean what exactly?

This is here is the clear indication you don't understand what you see. And are getting scared or paranoid for no real reason. All those are required identification numbers and items used on the device for normal operation.

Your telephone number is your service provider's responsibility. If you want to cancel that, you would need to contact your service provider and cancel your service plan with them.

The serial number, is tied to the device and cannot be altered. It is the unique identifier for every device manufactured out there. It can neither be deleted nor replaced by a user. It is not at threat nor a vulnerability in any way.

The SIM card is what holds your phone service and number from your service provider. You are free to remove it from your iPhone if you wish, and then it will stop making or receiving phone calls or messages.

The eSim is just a digital version of the SIM card. Again, it may hold your phone number and service settings. Contact your service provider to cancel service with them, and delete the eSIM from the device.

ICCID, MEID, IMEI, SEID, and EID numbers are identification numbers meant to let your service provider add your device to their network to offer their phone service to you.

ICCID is the SIM card's identification number. It stands for Integrated Circuit Card Identification Number. It's a unique 18-22 digit code that includes a SIM card's country, home network, and identification number. You'll usually find an ICCID printed on the back of a SIM card, but sometimes it's included in the packaging materials instead.

MEID, Mobile Identification Number, IMEI, International Mobile Equipment Number and EID, Equipment Identification number, are all ID numbers to uniquely identify your device on your service providers network.

These are all required for the device to function as it does, and needed by law enforcement and regulations for proper identification of devices.

These cannot be removed altered, wiped or modified in any way, and are in no way threat or security issue to you or your device.

Remote connection to my iPhone via iTunes??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.