You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad is bent

Hi, I am wondering if it is worth it getting my iPad repaired or if I should get a brand new iPad

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 11:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 12:50 AM

In that case, I would recommend avoiding the iPad Pro as this isn't necessary for you use, and I wouldn't recommend the iPad (10th generation) as it does not have an antireflective coating which would impact your watching experience. The iPads I would recommend is the iPad Air (5th generation) or iPad mini (6th generation).

The iPad Air has the benefits of having a 10.9 inch screen compare to the iPad mini's 8.3 inch screen. Additionally, the iPad Air supports the Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio; whereas, the iPad mini supports neither. Apart from that, they have similar battery life and can both support the Apple Pencil (2nd generation). Finally, the iPad Air does have a better processing system, but I can't imagine this would be a major factor for yourself.

In conclusion, I'd recommend the iPad Air if you want to use an attachable keyboard; however, if this isn't an issue, the iPad mini is lighter and smaller - making it more portable.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2023 12:50 AM in response to Jevie2001

In that case, I would recommend avoiding the iPad Pro as this isn't necessary for you use, and I wouldn't recommend the iPad (10th generation) as it does not have an antireflective coating which would impact your watching experience. The iPads I would recommend is the iPad Air (5th generation) or iPad mini (6th generation).

The iPad Air has the benefits of having a 10.9 inch screen compare to the iPad mini's 8.3 inch screen. Additionally, the iPad Air supports the Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio; whereas, the iPad mini supports neither. Apart from that, they have similar battery life and can both support the Apple Pencil (2nd generation). Finally, the iPad Air does have a better processing system, but I can't imagine this would be a major factor for yourself.

In conclusion, I'd recommend the iPad Air if you want to use an attachable keyboard; however, if this isn't an issue, the iPad mini is lighter and smaller - making it more portable.

Feb 7, 2023 12:24 AM in response to Jevie2001

Hi there, it's sad to see that your Apple device has been damaged! I would definitely recommend repairing your iPad; however, if you are in the market for a new one, it would be a great opportunity to upgrade. To repair your Apple device, head into your local Apple store and they will talk you through the process and prices. Please follow this link for alternative ways to repair your iPad > iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support. Feel free to follow up with any questions!

My iPad is bent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.