You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange hidden app

How do I remove hidden applications on my phone?

When I was changing my screen time limits, I noticed a mysterious app I never downloaded that when searched, in my search tab I cannot find.

I would like to remove this. It is written similar to a website but it is in my entertainment section and should not be there.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 11:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 2:28 AM

You may check for it under the App Library. Next to the last page of the Home Screen. If it is in the App Library Touch, Hold and Drag the icon to Home Screen. That's it.

Probably some pages may be hidden

Here's how to hide/unhide a page:

1. Touch and hold an empty area on your Home Screen.
  2. Tap the dots near the bottom of your screen.
  3. Tap and Tick the circle under the page that you want to unhide.
  4. Tap Done.

Please see the pic below which is self-explanatory

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2023 2:28 AM in response to k1123

You may check for it under the App Library. Next to the last page of the Home Screen. If it is in the App Library Touch, Hold and Drag the icon to Home Screen. That's it.

Probably some pages may be hidden

Here's how to hide/unhide a page:

1. Touch and hold an empty area on your Home Screen.
  2. Tap the dots near the bottom of your screen.
  3. Tap and Tick the circle under the page that you want to unhide.
  4. Tap Done.

Please see the pic below which is self-explanatory

Feb 3, 2023 2:28 AM in response to k1123

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images/pictures speak louder than words. 

Please understand this is a public forum: While attaching a Screenshot, do not provide any personal credentials, such as IP address, Card detail, email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable, etc.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Feb 3, 2023 9:31 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hi SravanKrA,

Here is a photo of the problem.

It is very strange because I have searched throughout my phone, and on safari to see if it’s connected through there. I have never heard of it’s name until noticing it here in the screen time section.

When searched online it appears to be a app for androids which makes it even more odd.

Strange hidden app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.