You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos disappeared

most of my photos have disappeared on my iPhone and computer. how do I retrieve them from my iCloud backup. It is not facile

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 5:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 11:17 AM

Hello BetteT,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you have some questions about photos vanishing from your iPhone and computer, and we'd like to help. You may find assistance within the following article, as it goes through steps with what to do If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app.

On your iPhone or iPad

1) In iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, or later, use Face ID or Touch ID to unlock your Recently Deleted album.
2) Tap a photo or video, then tap Recover. To recover multiple photos, tap Select, select your photos or videos, then tap Recover.
3) Confirm that you want to recover the photos or videos.

With your Mac, if that's the computer you're noticing this with:

On your Mac
1) In macOS Ventura or later, use Touch ID or your login password to unlock your Recently Deleted album.
2) Click the photo or video.
3) Click Recover.
Anything in your Recently Deleted album stays there for 30 days. After 30 days, it's permanently deleted and you can't get it back.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2023 11:17 AM in response to BetteT

Hello BetteT,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you have some questions about photos vanishing from your iPhone and computer, and we'd like to help. You may find assistance within the following article, as it goes through steps with what to do If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app.

On your iPhone or iPad

1) In iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, or later, use Face ID or Touch ID to unlock your Recently Deleted album.
2) Tap a photo or video, then tap Recover. To recover multiple photos, tap Select, select your photos or videos, then tap Recover.
3) Confirm that you want to recover the photos or videos.

With your Mac, if that's the computer you're noticing this with:

On your Mac
1) In macOS Ventura or later, use Touch ID or your login password to unlock your Recently Deleted album.
2) Click the photo or video.
3) Click Recover.
Anything in your Recently Deleted album stays there for 30 days. After 30 days, it's permanently deleted and you can't get it back.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

photos disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.