You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Belgium +32 prefix randomly added on UK to UK messages

This subject appears elsewhere in the forum but is never really answered. I live in the UK have a UK supplied iphone, a UK account with Virgin Mobile, etc. I have no connection with Belgium. I recently tried to send a text from my iphone to another UK mobile beginning 077 . . .. After sending , I noticed that the message had actually been sent to +32 77 . . . . . I had never sent anything to or called this number before and it is not in my Contacts list. I cant see any logic in this. Why Belgium ??? Other users comments suggest this may be related to Virgin Mobile, but I think there must be something wrong in the iPhone software. How do I FIX this?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 11:40 AM

3 replies

Jan 13, 2023 10:38 AM in response to nj130269

Hi nj130269,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that when you send messages, the phone number has an unexpected prefix.

Does this happen with more than one contact? If so, you may consider checking your Language & Region Settings as outlined here: Change the language and region on iPhone - Apple Support

"

1. Go to Settings  > General > Language & Region.
  2. Set the following:
    • The language for iPhone
    • The region
    • The calendar format
    • The temperature unit (Celsius or Fahrenheit)
  1. To add another language and keyboard to your iPhone, tap Add Language, then select a language."

You can also contact your carrier so that they can verify your account is provisioned with the correct region as well.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jan 15, 2023 3:56 PM in response to Miche11e_P

The Settings on my phone have always indicated Language = 'English' and Region = 'United Kingdom' . Certainly nothing to do with Belgium. As I described, in this scenario, there is no issue about 'Contacts' - I sent the message to a new 'one-off' number that I typed in directly. After sending, I noticed that a +32 prefix had been applied.

Belgium +32 prefix randomly added on UK to UK messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.