You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MB pro M1 Pro 14" reporting crash after connecting external monitor via HDMI.

Hi all,

i bought a new macbook pro M1 Pro 14" and everytime that i'm trying to connect to external monitor via the hdmi port the mac freezes and then crashes.

I've tried using different hdmi cables but reporting the same issues.

If i use the usb c adapter with the hdmi port everything works fine.

Currently using ventura 13.1 but was reporting the same issue also with 12.5.

Any suggestions? is it a software problem or hardware?

Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 8:17 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 9, 2023 8:59 AM in response to dangjo

Kernel Panic Reports are stored at:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

If you copy and paste that string into:

Finder > Go menu > Go to Folder

it will take you to where those reports are stored.

They are named with Date&Time and start or end in ‘panic’

If you find one, please post the entire report here, by using the “additional text” Icon in the reply footer (looks like a paper with writing).

Please don’t post more about 20 lines of any other types of reports — they are interminable, and any information useful for this purpose is on the first screenful.

Jan 9, 2023 9:34 AM in response to dangjo

the beginning of that message says essentially that a very unexpected error occurred, and ask any developers who encounter it to 'please file a radar' (developer Bug report).

panic(cpu 3 [...}): "AppleATCDPHDMIPort(atc3-dpphy)::enqueuePortMessage(0x1000002c3): _messageQueue.enqueue(\"ConfigChange\") failed!

Please file a radar under `AppleANXDPTX

You should contact Apple support, reference this discussion, and ask them to file a Bug Report.

Official Apple Support

MB pro M1 Pro 14" reporting crash after connecting external monitor via HDMI.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.