You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Search Engine Options

Is there really no way to add to or delete from the list of available search engines in iOS/iPadOS settings for Safari?  When I go to Settings -> Safari -> Search Engine, I see options for Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, and Ecosia, but no way of adding another or deleting existing entries.  Other browsers, like Brave and Firefox, allow you to add just about any search engine you like.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 10:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 10:22 AM

MarkR61 wrote:

Is there really no way to add to or delete from the list of available search engines in iOS/iPadOS settings for Safari?  When I go to Settings -> Safari -> Search Engine, I see options for Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, and Ecosia, but no way of adding another or deleting existing entries.  Other browsers, like Brave and Firefox, allow you to add just about any search engine you like.

You cannot add new default search engines to Safari on iOS/iPadOS. You can, however, navigate to the search engine's website and use that (For example, Microsoft Bing [bing.com], or Brave Search [search.brave.com]).

You can submit feedback to Apple here - Feedback - iPhone - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2023 10:22 AM in response to MarkR61

MarkR61 wrote:

You cannot add new default search engines to Safari on iOS/iPadOS. You can, however, navigate to the search engine's website and use that (For example, Microsoft Bing [bing.com], or Brave Search [search.brave.com]).

You can submit feedback to Apple here - Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Safari Search Engine Options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.