You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone will not read any SIM card I put into it, despite the sims working in other phones.

i have not been able to make calls, texts or use data on my iPhone 12 Pro Max since May 2021. No matter what SIM card I put into it, it says “no service” and displays four grey dots.

I have tried absolutely everything:

• My phone is not locked to a carrier
  • I have reset the network settings
  • I have factory reset my phone
  • I have toggled airplane mode on/off
  • tried different carriers
  • tried brand new sims
  • tried using an esim

my sim works in every phone but my iPhone will not register it. I have contacted Telstra and everything is fine on their end. How do I fix my phone?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 3:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 3:34 AM

Your iPhone might be locked to a specific carrier. Unlocking your iPhone means that you can use it with different carriers. To contact your carrier and unlock your iPhone, use these steps. You can find out if your iPhone is locked by going to Settings > General > About. If "No SIM restrictions" appears next to Carrier Lock, your iPhone is unlocked.

Extracted from:--> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

If it is unlocked but the issue persists, it might be (very rare) a SIM holder of other hardware problem but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2023 3:34 AM in response to bridgetunthank

Your iPhone might be locked to a specific carrier. Unlocking your iPhone means that you can use it with different carriers. To contact your carrier and unlock your iPhone, use these steps. You can find out if your iPhone is locked by going to Settings > General > About. If "No SIM restrictions" appears next to Carrier Lock, your iPhone is unlocked.

Extracted from:--> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

If it is unlocked but the issue persists, it might be (very rare) a SIM holder of other hardware problem but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPhone will not read any SIM card I put into it, despite the sims working in other phones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.