You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My child cannot send or receive text messages through her iPod. In the iPod’s settings, Message options are greyed-out. Her iPod is part of my Family Sharing group and I am the admin. Any ideas?

I am the admin for my family’s share group. My daughter cannot send or receive texts using her iPod under her Apple ID. I cannot sign her out of her device and the Message settings in her iPod are greyed-out. Which is odd because my other daughters iPod works fine. Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 6:49 AM

Hello and welcome to the community 🤗

Firts this is an iPod touch so you can use iMessage but not SMS. So this is maybe the problem.

If you can not use iMessage

For more help or questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2023 6:49 AM in response to rori99

Hello and welcome to the community 🤗

Firts this is an iPod touch so you can use iMessage but not SMS. So this is maybe the problem.

If you can not use iMessage

For more help or questions

My child cannot send or receive text messages through her iPod. In the iPod’s settings, Message options are greyed-out. Her iPod is part of my Family Sharing group and I am the admin. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.