You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Imac recognizes my Canon EOS Rebel T3i camera, however, it won't download pictures to my computer. I'm using OS Monterey.

My iMac recognizes my Canon EOS Rebel T3i camera, however, it won't download pictures to my computer. Need help to figure out how to get my computer to download pictures from my camera.

iMac

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 3:38 PM

12 replies

Dec 23, 2022 7:53 AM in response to Aloha2013

Well, Aloha2013, unfortunately I don't really know anything about your camera, but I ran across this post:

When I connect my canon rebel Eos T3i to … - Apple Community

which is where I got the firmware thing. That post was two years ago, but he didn't say what version of firmware he installed.

Have you tried connecting the SD card directly to your iMac rather than relying on the camera to translate the data? I don't remember if the iMac has a card reader--you may have to get one (they're pretty cheap) and go that way. It always worked on my cameras....

Dec 23, 2022 10:43 AM in response to Aloha2013

What format are the photos that you're trying to import into your Photos library? Can you insert the memory card into a card reader and manually copy the files to a folder on the Desktop. From there you can try opening them with Preview. If the still don't open try the demo version of GraphicConverter. It can open just about anything and you can then save them to a new format, i.e. JPEG.

Dec 22, 2022 6:41 PM in response to Richard.Taylor

Thank you again Richard for your reply. Yes, I'm using a USB cable to connect the camera to the computer. The cable came with the camera. I had looked on Canon's website and had seen that there's additional software, but for Apple computers, it doesn't go up to the Apple software I have loaded onto my iMAC - Mac OS Monterey. Do you think I should load it for the latest that it shows on there? The latest it shows is from 2016 - Snow Leopard.

Dec 23, 2022 9:46 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Thank you Keith! I did try one other USB cable. I could see if another one would work. I also, tried looking at image capture with my camera hooked up. I didn't see any images though. Maybe I was doing something wrong. I have never looked at image capture before. That's good to know about you not having any problems connecting your Canon cameras to the iMAC.

Thank you! Happy Holidays!

My Imac recognizes my Canon EOS Rebel T3i camera, however, it won't download pictures to my computer. I'm using OS Monterey.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.