You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So I’m trying to update one of my apps and it says I need a verification code but I’m not receiving any text

I’m trying to update an app but I’m not receiving the text with the verification code

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 6:02 PM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2022 7:40 AM in response to Racinboy11c

Hello Racinboy11c,

You'll first want to consider who the verification code is coming from. If it is coming from a third-party app or another developer, you'll want to reach out to them directly for more information about this verification code. If you use two-factor authentication with your Apple ID and this message is coming from Apple, you'll want to look over and follow the guidance offered on this page: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication. This page offers information on how to use your verification code to sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser.

Use the code displayed on your trusted device

If you have a trusted device running iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later, the verification code is displayed automatically on your trusted devices.
1. Sign in with your Apple ID and password on a new device or browser.
2. Look for a sign in notification on any of your trusted devices.
Map with Buffalo, NY prominently marked on it. The caption indicates that an Apple ID is being used to sign in to an iPhone near Buffalo.
3. Tap Allow to receive your verification code.
4. Enter the verification code on your other device to complete sign in.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

So I’m trying to update one of my apps and it says I need a verification code but I’m not receiving any text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.