You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download iTunes due to my iOS being Monterey 12.6

I'm attempting to recover my iPhone after forgetting my passcode. Instructions from Apple say to follow the instructions via https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306 but that includes using iTunes which is not supported by the Monterey iOS.

How do I recover my phone after forgetting my passcode if I cannot download iTunes due to my iOS being too current (Monterey 12.6)? My phone was recently stolen, found, returned but I'm locked out due to a passcode I cannot remember. Apple Support suggested following the instructions found here, however those recovery steps require iTunes which is no longer available for later iOS versions. The Music app is also not recognizing my iPhone so I'm unsure how to move forward. Does anyone have insight, experience to share? Much appreciated, if so!

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 7:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 12:03 AM

Hi,

You now Use finder to restore iPhone. Back up and restore your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or to iCloud – Apple Support (UK)

Jim

2 replies

Dec 14, 2022 8:17 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks, Jim - I was able to land on that conclusion shortly after posting. I needed a different cable :/ Unfortunately I can't restore my phone due to too many incorrect passcode attempts (screen permanently shows "iPhone Unavailable" despite recovery via Finder, etc.) so I've been told I need an Apple Tech to help recover my phone. Fingers crossed that will do the trick! Traveling abroad has been challenging without a cell phone.

Take care,

Anna

Can't download iTunes due to my iOS being Monterey 12.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.