You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri default alarm sound

I use Siri to set my alarms. Once I modified an alarm to turn the sound off and only vibrate. Now, no matter what I do Siri will not set an alarm with sound. They only vibrate. How do I change Siri’s default alarm sound?

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 5:45 PM

Thanks for trying, but I don’t think you understand the question. Those suggestions bear no impact on Siri’s default alarm sound.

5 replies

Dec 9, 2022 1:21 PM in response to Shannon_DN

Thank you. I’ve tried that, but it didn’t work. I updated my phone, tried that, and it didn’t work. Turned my phone off and on again, tried that, and it didn’t work. Every time Siri sets an alarm regardless of the last alarm set and all alarms set, it always has None as the sound. I would be happy with any sound. Siri will only set silent alarms which is utterly pointless.

Dec 8, 2022 2:56 PM in response to Portia1008

Hello Portia1008,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities.

To ensure that we're covering all of our bases, lets be sure to check the following:

• Make sure that your alarm sound isn't set to None. Open the Clock app, tap the Alarm tab, then tap Edit. Tap the alarm, then tap Sound and choose a Sound.

• If you connect headphones to your iPhone, the alarm plays at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired and wireless headphones.

If the issue persists, the following steps may be able to help resolve the issue:

Restart your iPhone. This will allow your iPhone and the software to be refreshed.

" 1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

Update your iPhone. Completing this step often times resolves issues that are related to the software. Be sure to secure your data with a backup before proceeding.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Dec 9, 2022 10:55 AM in response to Portia1008

Hello Portia1008,

Just to confirm, did you try opening an existing alarm and editing the sound used for that alarm? If not, let’s do that following these steps: How to set and change alarms on your iPhone

After changing the sound, close the Clock app and try to set a new alarm using Siri. This will tell the app that you no longer want to use “None” as the ringtone.

Kindest regards. 

Siri default alarm sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.