You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch duplicate devices listed in health app data access & devices

Looks like I’m waaayyy behind. Since it’s been almost 3 years since this question was asked, I thought I’d ask again.

I have this issue and was wondering if there was ever a resolution?

I have an Apple Watch series 5.

I was just looking through and checking settings on my iPhone 13 and noticed this. In the Settings on iPhone 13 Health App, Data: data access & devices shows two Apple Watch, two iPhone listed.

The two Apple Watch listed - one device has - no data found. One device has - this Apple Watch is no longer paired with this iPhone.

The two iPhone listed - one device - no data found, the other - has health information.

iPhone and Watch have current software updates. Watch was previously paired to iPhone 6s. Obviously, I hadn’t checked it….(ever)..

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 10:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 5:20 PM

Sounds like a good plan. I’ll go through my settings for my watch and phone as you explained and clean up the mess I obviously created. Thanks for your reply to help me straighten this out.

Edit: sorry, one more question about that. Why is the info for health in the device show ‘this Apple Watch is no longer paired with this iPhone’ ? Will this change when If I remove the other iPhone? Thanks

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2022 5:20 PM in response to dfromolathe

Sounds like a good plan. I’ll go through my settings for my watch and phone as you explained and clean up the mess I obviously created. Thanks for your reply to help me straighten this out.

Edit: sorry, one more question about that. Why is the info for health in the device show ‘this Apple Watch is no longer paired with this iPhone’ ? Will this change when If I remove the other iPhone? Thanks

Nov 28, 2022 2:12 PM in response to dfromolathe

Health will list all the data that your various watches and iphones have recorded and saved in iCloud.

I don't see any problem in having them all in there. Deleting the data was only if you didn't like the accumulated data.

I don't think you need do anything except remove iphones and watches from your Apple account if you no longer own them.

iPhone, Watch app, My Watch, Health, make sure your details are all in there

iPhone Health app, browse data > Activity, view the Activity line with the rings and ensure your current watch is listed first and the current iphone is listed second. Tap edit and change it if not.

Nov 28, 2022 2:00 PM in response to LD150

Just to make sure that I understand. I had an iPhone 6s when I purchased my Apple Watch series 5 a year and a half ago and purchased an iPhone 13 last January. The Health Data was posting. Since there didn’t appear to be any problems, I don’t think I went as far into the settings for Data Access & Devices. Deleting the iPhone 6s makes sense but wouldn’t that still leave in the Settings: Health: Data: Data Access & Devices: one Apple Watch - ‘no data found’, the other Apple Watch showing health data that says ‘This Apple Watch is no longer paired with this iPhone’, one iPhone - no data found and the other iPhone showing health data? I hope what I’ve listed from Settings makes sense. I’m really hoping that it isn’t necessary to delete all of my health data for the last year and a half if it’s just an error of some kind when looking at the settings and devices listed. I have included the screenshots if I could have reduced the size of the photo. If you would like for me to send them just let me know. Thanks so much for reply.

Dec 1, 2022 10:48 PM in response to LD150

Thanks, I found a way to get my Apple Watch paired to my iPhone 13 and unpaired from the iPhone 6s.

on support.apple.com there are instructions for -‘ unpair and erase apple watch’. I didn’t lose any health data. The process backups the watch to the iPhone and restores it to the phone you want to pair it to again.

thanks again for you help, it is greatly appreciated

Apple Watch duplicate devices listed in health app data access & devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.