You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do audio files go when you save them?

I've received audio files in a text and want to save them for easier access (so I don't have to scroll through the text thread every time I want to play them). I press and hold the audio file, choose 'save' and then nothing. Where do the saved files go and how do I find them? Yes, my iOS is up to date.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 12:43 PM

G'day usplus3,

We see you want to know where audio files are saved when you download them from a Messages thread. You should be able to locate those in the Files app on your iPhone: Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"How to find your files in the Files app

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Files app. Don't see the blue Files app icon on your Home Screen? Just swipe down, then search for the Files app.
  2. iPhone search results showing the Files app icon.
  3. In the Files app, search or browse for the file that you want.
  4. iPhone search results for WIP, the name of a folder containing files."

That should get you started. Let us know if you have any questions, and have a good one.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2022 12:43 PM in response to usplus3

G'day usplus3,

We see you want to know where audio files are saved when you download them from a Messages thread. You should be able to locate those in the Files app on your iPhone: Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"How to find your files in the Files app

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Files app. Don't see the blue Files app icon on your Home Screen? Just swipe down, then search for the Files app.
  2. iPhone search results showing the Files app icon.
  3. In the Files app, search or browse for the file that you want.
  4. iPhone search results for WIP, the name of a folder containing files."

That should get you started. Let us know if you have any questions, and have a good one.

Where do audio files go when you save them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.