You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Sync with Music

This message seems to have generated a lot of questions over many years with no real solutions...

The iPhone “CIH iPhone 13” cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items on your Mac (additional 103.90 GB required).

I have tried many of the suggestions made in the past with no resolution. Does anyone know what the actual problem is or know of a solution?

Thanks

iPhone 13

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 11:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 6:13 PM

Put everything on hold overnight and woke up this morning to find System Data on my iPhone was down to zero (or close to)! Didn't do anything other than turning phone on and off a couple of times, though had done that previously.

Synced entire 160GB music library fine, made some changes and resynced and all good.

Thanks very much for your guidance and patience!

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2022 6:13 PM in response to turingtest2

Put everything on hold overnight and woke up this morning to find System Data on my iPhone was down to zero (or close to)! Didn't do anything other than turning phone on and off a couple of times, though had done that previously.

Synced entire 160GB music library fine, made some changes and resynced and all good.

Thanks very much for your guidance and patience!

Oct 24, 2022 7:24 AM in response to CIHapple

Sometimes the iTunes/Finder sync mechanism will get confused over what content is already on a device and what is in the library, which can lead to this error even when there should be enough room. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. Select a small number of playlists to sync rather than the whole library. After syncing once with a smaller collection you should be able to select more content up to the available space on the device.

tt2

Oct 24, 2022 1:10 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you but still get same message, even if only trying to sync one album.

Working through the size of the music on my Mac, the music on my iPhone, the free space on both and the "GB required" in the error message, the system is clearly trying to sync all the music on my Mac to the iPhone even though most of it is already on the iPhone, ie it is not trying to sync changes/new only.

iPhone Sync with Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.