You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get High Sierra Itunes to work with Iphone 14.

I am trying to connect my phone (IOS16.0.3) to iTunes (12.8.3.1) on my trusty iMac with High Sierra OS (10.13.6). Following the steps suggested by the "solved thread" for this issue on this site, I went to the correct folder, unlocked the phone, plugged in the USB between the devices and then selected update but the "update failed". I have restarted iMac and restarted the iPhone but nothing works. Any idea how to get these two devices to recognize each other? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 8:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Hello harbertw,

We would like to see how we can help you with iTunes not recognizing your iPhone. Follow the steps in this link and get back to us with your results: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

"If your computer doesn't recognize your connected device, you might see an unknown error or a "0xE" error. Follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step.

1. Make sure that your iOS or iPadOS device is turned on, unlocked, and on the Home screen.
  2. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC. If you're using iTunes, make sure you have the latest version.
  3. If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust. If you can't unlock your device because you forgot your passcode, find out what to do.
  4. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.*
  5. Restart your computer. 
  6. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  7. Follow these additional steps for your Mac or Windows PC
  8. Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support."

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2022 11:35 AM in response to harbertw

Hello harbertw,

We would like to see how we can help you with iTunes not recognizing your iPhone. Follow the steps in this link and get back to us with your results: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

"If your computer doesn't recognize your connected device, you might see an unknown error or a "0xE" error. Follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step.

1. Make sure that your iOS or iPadOS device is turned on, unlocked, and on the Home screen.
  2. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC. If you're using iTunes, make sure you have the latest version.
  3. If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust. If you can't unlock your device because you forgot your passcode, find out what to do.
  4. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.*
  5. Restart your computer. 
  6. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  7. Follow these additional steps for your Mac or Windows PC
  8. Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support."

Cheers!

Oct 13, 2022 11:44 AM in response to Sean_B1

My sincere thanks for this email! I have good news--this worked, here's what I did.

The error seemed to be wrt my firewall and network security. I took the HS computer to a "wild wild west" WIFI network and repeated the steps from the previous "problem solved" fix. The install update window again appeared, and this time was successful. iTunes then updated (this was a little slow, but all good). Bottom line--this process updated iTunes and the iPhone 14 could sync with the updated High Sierra OS iTunes. Thank you so much!

Oct 13, 2022 11:47 AM in response to harbertw

Please see my response below. My problem was with the firewall in the location I was testing this. Going to another WiFi zone allowed everything to work as described in the "problem solved" thread. I was successful in updating my iPhone14 directly from the iTunes on the High Sierra portable. Thank you for the help and threads.

Cannot get High Sierra Itunes to work with Iphone 14.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.