You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iMessages do not delete from all devices and are signed in to the same iCloud

my iMessages do not delete from all devices and are signed in to the same iCloud, and I have many devices how do I correct this. I have signed in and out, rebooted, all are running up to date software. The y will only delete if I delete from my iPhone only.

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 6:28 AM

I had this same issue. Are you just using iMessage on your devices or did you enable the optional Messages in iCloud feature? This is important as that feature is what syncs the removal of the posts. If both of your devices are signed in to the same iCloud account, the messages would come in to each device, but to sync removal, you'll want to make sure that Messages in iCloud is on, as that will sync them with all devices. Here are a couple of articles in case you need them. I hope this helps!

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

How iCloud keeps information up to date across all your devices - Apple Support

iCloud User Guide - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2022 6:28 AM in response to mollyrealtor

I had this same issue. Are you just using iMessage on your devices or did you enable the optional Messages in iCloud feature? This is important as that feature is what syncs the removal of the posts. If both of your devices are signed in to the same iCloud account, the messages would come in to each device, but to sync removal, you'll want to make sure that Messages in iCloud is on, as that will sync them with all devices. Here are a couple of articles in case you need them. I hope this helps!

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

How iCloud keeps information up to date across all your devices - Apple Support

iCloud User Guide - Apple Support

my iMessages do not delete from all devices and are signed in to the same iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.