You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t my iPhone stop showing battery percentage?

My iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 16 always shows percentage even when the toggle for percentage in battery settings is turned off.

I tried switching off and then on. Several times. I even restarted the phone. Still no joy. Battery percentage as a number but with a full icon is confusing and seems to defeat the purpose of the icon. So I have been trying to turn off the percentage, but I’m now stuck with it not responding to the toggle

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 7:13 AM

5 replies

Sep 25, 2022 9:20 PM in response to cgsandeepsharma

I had a chat with Apple Support who informed me to try to do get rid of my vpn profile by: 1) a complete reset and restore from backup or 2) to reset all my settings. But it was not even a guarantee that it would work.

I read from another post that the restore does not work as it might be importing some buggy file from restore, but this post recommended reset all settings ... but this means I'd have to go back and manually put all my settings back including network settings, sounds, notifications, all app preferences/settings, wallpapers, ... which is more of a pain than just restore. But it was not a sure fix, so I am not ready for such a nightmare especially if it is not a sure fix.

Why won’t my iPhone stop showing battery percentage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.