You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot unlock Mac with Apple Watch since watchOS 9

Hi!

Since I installed watchOS 9 and MacOs Monterey 12.6, unlocking Mac wit Apple Watch is nearly impossible. I can do it if I deselect the option in the security preferences panel and then switch it on again, but the trick lasts for a few hours only. After a few hours, my Mac seems to ignore muy watch again. I see the message 'Unlocking with Apple Watch' and then it disappears and I have to introduce password to unlock.

Any fix for this?

Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 1:49 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 5, 2022 4:44 AM in response to jfreyba

I felt like using MS Windows - Ctrl + Alt + Del, except I didn't have blue screen. After reboot all three devices involved in this feature: Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch it works.

– Mac: Click on the Apple logo, available on the top-left corner of the screen and select Restart…
– iPhone: Force restart your device.
– Apple Watch: Simultaneously press & hold the Digital Crown and the Side Button until the Apple logo is displayed on the screen.

Cannot unlock Mac with Apple Watch since watchOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.