You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I turned off battery percentage on ios 16 (iphone 12 pro max) but to no avail. It still shows the number (percentage) on the battery icon. Any workaround on this?

I turned off battery percentage on ios 16 (iphone 12 pro max) but to no avail. It still shows the number (percentage) on the battery icon. Any workaround on this?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 9:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 9:02 AM

I had the issue fixed for my 12 pro max, steps below:

First I backed up my phone completely in itunes.

Then I go to settings > general > transfer or reset iphone > erase all content and settings. And finally it worked! Battery percentage is now really “disabled” when turned off.

Problem is, when I restored this old backup to my new 14 pro max, same issue persists. Battery percentage cannot be disabled. I guess my next hope is to wait for new iOS update.

I didn’t try to do the “reset all settings” yet. If anyone did and it works, please let me know.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2022 9:02 AM in response to chedkei

I had the issue fixed for my 12 pro max, steps below:

First I backed up my phone completely in itunes.

Then I go to settings > general > transfer or reset iphone > erase all content and settings. And finally it worked! Battery percentage is now really “disabled” when turned off.

Problem is, when I restored this old backup to my new 14 pro max, same issue persists. Battery percentage cannot be disabled. I guess my next hope is to wait for new iOS update.

I didn’t try to do the “reset all settings” yet. If anyone did and it works, please let me know.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.