You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted songs keep re-downloading

I subscribe to iTunes Match. I've been clearing out hundreds of duplicates only to have the re-download the next time I use iTunes/Music. Besides disconnecting from the internet is there a way to stop this from happening? I want deleted to stay deleted.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 3:25 PM

2 replies

Sep 14, 2022 7:39 AM in response to Anthony Adams

See Duplicate songs in iTunes/Music - Apple Community. I didn't think anything would download automatically apart perhaps from new purchases, although your library should populate with any cloud content when Sync Library is active. You can delete the Downloads folder inside your media folder and empty the trash to clear any local queue. If you still find content is downloading automatically contact Apple Support and see if they can flush the queue at their end.

See also Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Are you deleting items the library deems to be duplicates in the cloud status column?

tt2

Sep 14, 2022 9:34 AM in response to turingtest2

I've had a couple of Apple Support advisors try to solve it with no solution. I figured I would ask here. It's such a weird problem to have. As I say my Music always gets mangled with each new OS. Besides the dupes after deletion I can't get any help with the other main issue which is any playlist large enough to require a scroll bar to appear will jump around from the track I'm on (whether editing it or just playing it) to some random track. Does it every time. Makes me leery of downloading any new OSs.

Deleted songs keep re-downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.