You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch Bar Just Vanished

After updating Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1 the touch pad display is Off. Its also not showing anything on keyboard settings regarding control strip or touch bar settings. It is like that touch bar never existed. Please solve this issue as i dont have Function Keys now.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 4:54 AM

7 replies

Sep 5, 2022 9:46 AM in response to yagnik147

yagnik147 wrote:

It is macbook pro M1 2020 model i tried updating software, factory reset the complete system still no luck i think this software update just killed my Touch Bar
i cannot see TouchBarServer and Control Strip in the process name on activity manager.

yours is not the first report I have heard with this issue—and no clear reasoning...

Was this a complete erase and reinstall of the macOS before you brought back in your user backup...(?) it is unclear from your post.

Any change if you toggle the F1,F2 key function?

You can always try a Safeboot  How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

If you where to fall back, it requires erase, reformat, initialize the parent drive—of course this require a viable backup of your user data.

you can download it first to and create a bootable USB How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

install the older full installer which you can get from the Terminal.app

sudo softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 12.5

Sep 5, 2022 10:00 AM in response to yagnik147

yagnik147 wrote:

I received a software update version 12.5.1 monterey installed it after sometime touchbar vanished then i tried to completely erase my mac using recovery option and fresh installed macOs Monterey but still touch bar not working

yes, unfortunate. I have no explanation as to why on a M1...

"after sometime" this makes it sound like no direct one to one correlation (?) with the update but a coincidence?

If it is hardware issue— you need to contact AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

If you are prepared to fall back (12.5)— you can try that , and see if it is resurrected from the dead.

you can always call Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line  Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Apple Configurator may be an option if you have a second Mac..

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

Sep 5, 2022 9:30 AM in response to yagnik147

yagnik147 wrote:

After updating Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1 the touch pad display is Off. Its also not showing anything on keyboard settings regarding control strip or touch bar settings. It is like that touch bar never existed. Please solve this issue as i dont have Function Keys now.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Is this Intel or Soc M1/M2....?

Sep 5, 2022 10:04 AM in response to leroydouglas

After all these tries i finally downgraded to Big Sur which the macbook came with but still my touch bar is completely dead and i am not able to do anything with standard function keys its time to say goodbye to apple they are making us buy new products by simply making bricks the older one by updates. My mac coverage is also expired so im pretty much in middle of nowhere

Touch Bar Just Vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.