You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Woodpecker knocking sound coming from new Imac 24" M1 2021

I've got areal problem on my iMac 24 inch 2021, a continuous knocking sound which sounds like you've got a woodpecker in your Imac, it happens at random when in sleep mode. It lasts about 12 seconds, the blank screen seems to backlight from the 4 corners and the cursor shows on a black screen. I've got nothing connected to my iMac, the sound just appears randomly at different volumes.

Loads of other people have got the same problem, I've done a lot of research over the net, here is the link below to what I have found.Can anybody help ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/applehelp/comments/td59p5/m1_24_imac_2021_strange_knocking_sound_while_in/

iMac 24″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 12:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 3:59 AM

The only moving part in that iMac is the fan. We cannot fix that. Schedule time with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Center to arrive at a diagnosis. Or, if you purchased the iMac from Apple, you have 14 days from date of purchase to return it for a refund or exchange.

1 reply

Woodpecker knocking sound coming from new Imac 24" M1 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.