You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel panic / watchdog-triggered termination

As suggested by the community, I updated my macbook to the latest OS and ran a hardware diagnostic check with no issues found, but I'm still experiencing crashes with kernel panic reports several times a day. I was told to upload the .panic report from DiagnosticReports, but there are no files ending in .panic, only an .ips file named panic-full with the date that seems to be too large to paste into the additional text box. I pasted the first segment that might be relevant as the majority of the remaining text is strings of letters and numbers.

Additionally the reports tab of the console shows a variety of reports including a WindowServer crash report that mention watchdog-triggered termination event, and some diagnostic reports that mention Discord and Opera, both of which I have open whenever a crash occurs in case this is relevant. If anything else is needed, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

Lastly there are no third party extension on my macbook as far as I'm aware, but system info lists these extensions as unknown or not signed.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 9:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 7:27 AM

incarnadyne wrote:

As suggested by the community, I updated my macbook to the latest OS and ran a hardware diagnostic check with no issues found, but I'm still experiencing crashes with kernel panic reports several times a day. I was told to upload the .panic report from DiagnosticReports, but there are no files ending in .panic, only an .ips file named panic-full with the date that seems to be too large to paste into the additional text box. I pasted the first segment that might be relevant as the majority of the remaining text is strings of letters and numbers.

Additionally the reports tab of the console shows a variety of reports including a WindowServer crash report that mention watchdog-triggered termination event, and some diagnostic reports that mention Discord and Opera, both of which I have open whenever a crash occurs in case this is relevant. If anything else is needed, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

<System info.log>

<Panic report from DiagnosticReports folder.log>

<WindowServer Crash Report.log>

<wakeups_resource.diag.log>

<cpu_resource.diag.log>

Lastly there are no third party extension on my macbook as far as I'm aware, but system info lists these extensions as unknown or not signed.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/9edff257-d192-4585-93a4-805f8568774d

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, font cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

In Safe mode third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled, it removes malware, etc impacting the smooth operation, however a reboot will put it back to normal mode.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

if no insight or resolve—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2022 7:27 AM in response to incarnadyne

incarnadyne wrote:

<System info.log>

<Panic report from DiagnosticReports folder.log>

<WindowServer Crash Report.log>

<wakeups_resource.diag.log>

<cpu_resource.diag.log>

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/9edff257-d192-4585-93a4-805f8568774d

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, font cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

In Safe mode third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled, it removes malware, etc impacting the smooth operation, however a reboot will put it back to normal mode.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

if no insight or resolve—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

Kernel panic / watchdog-triggered termination

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.