You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

McAfee scam emails

I am being bombarded with emails warning me about my McAfee subscription expiring. I do not have McAfee. I'm getting 20+ messages a day from these scammers. I've tried reporting as spam, blocking the contact, but nothing keeps them out of my inbox. The common thing I find is that 90% of these have "onmicrosoft.com" in the From field. I tried setting rules to move messages that contain onmicrosoft.com to the junk mail folder or if the subject contains McAfee and many combinations of anything I can find in the Subject or the From fields. Nothing works. I'm running Monterey 12.5 and using Apple Mail v 16.0. I don't understand why nothing seems to work on these scam emails.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 5:02 AM

Yep, just ignore and delete them. I have a rule set up that funnels junk mail to its folder but its not 100% efficient so a manual deletion is needed.

I see this as an email client problem, not a Mac problem. Mac mail allows local control of a web service. The web service is responsible for their junk handling. Mac mail does a pretty good job, but clients like Yahoo, gmail and others need to do a better job.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2022 5:02 AM in response to elanfixr

Yep, just ignore and delete them. I have a rule set up that funnels junk mail to its folder but its not 100% efficient so a manual deletion is needed.

I see this as an email client problem, not a Mac problem. Mac mail allows local control of a web service. The web service is responsible for their junk handling. Mac mail does a pretty good job, but clients like Yahoo, gmail and others need to do a better job.

McAfee scam emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.