You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac air battery

my MacBook Air 2022 8gb 512 has one week of no charging and still plenty of battery. Is that normal for a new Mac? Most places I see a Mac should only have 18 hours of battery life.

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 6:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 7:09 AM

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. Unless you are experiencing an issue, then having your notebook not requiring a recharge would be a good thing. However, you should never let your battery drop below 10% as a rule. (At least one that I follow.)

Whether or not, you should power it down, is totally up to you. FWIW, I normally keep my notebooks connected to a power adapter, except when it is more convenient to have them run on battery power only. I also elect to power-down my Macs at the end of the day.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2022 7:09 AM in response to dunnydeth29

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. Unless you are experiencing an issue, then having your notebook not requiring a recharge would be a good thing. However, you should never let your battery drop below 10% as a rule. (At least one that I follow.)

Whether or not, you should power it down, is totally up to you. FWIW, I normally keep my notebooks connected to a power adapter, except when it is more convenient to have them run on battery power only. I also elect to power-down my Macs at the end of the day.

Mac air battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.