You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

google error

Today I went to go search in google and the main web page comes up, but when I go to hit the "Images" link I get an error screen (attached). I tried clearing my browser history and I updated the MacBook. I know this is probably something stupid/simple. Please help.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 1:24 PM

What DNS servers are you using? In the System/Network/Advanced/DNS preference pane?

You can try flushing the DNS Server cache:

How to Flush DNS Server Cache (Mac)

1. Open the terminal by using Spotlight Search or by pressing Command + Space and then type Terminal.
      2. Double click the application icon for Terminal to open it.
      3. Type in “sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder” without quotes.
      4. Enter your Mac's password.

Or you might try these DNS servers:

They are the servers from Open DNS, well respected entities.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2022 1:24 PM in response to Ammaximus

What DNS servers are you using? In the System/Network/Advanced/DNS preference pane?

You can try flushing the DNS Server cache:

How to Flush DNS Server Cache (Mac)

1. Open the terminal by using Spotlight Search or by pressing Command + Space and then type Terminal.
      2. Double click the application icon for Terminal to open it.
      3. Type in “sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder” without quotes.
      4. Enter your Mac's password.

Or you might try these DNS servers:

They are the servers from Open DNS, well respected entities.

Jul 30, 2022 12:57 PM in response to Ammaximus

It appears there nothing wrong with your internet connection or Browser.

Since your other Tab appears to be you composing this very Posting on the Apple Support Community Forums.

Whatever you were searching for ( results ) were non existent or not available at this time.

Just like the text in your image represents

Jul 31, 2022 1:06 PM in response to PRP_53

Yes, but I am searching for very general things and none work. For ex. my first search was "nautical stars"-->search-->click 'Images' link-->error code. And it does it for everything I search for and then hit the image link for. Muffins for example. Also nautical star compass. It's also strange it's just the google 'images' link. The 'all', 'shopping' and 'maps' links at the top work, just not the 'images' link. But it works on my phone. If I use chrome on my phone (I really don't want to install or think I should have to install chrome on my MacBook) and I search for 'nautical star' and hit 'images' I get the right response. What do you think?

Jul 31, 2022 1:45 PM in response to Ammaximus

Not one suggested removing Google Chrome just to reinstall it.

But since the user has brought up that topic - you are aware that Google Chrome is a Resource and Memory Hog.

It is also known to harvest all your data for resale to the highest bidders - really helps with the Corp. Bottom-Line.

Once may consider the www.brave.com as alternative experience without the Over-Head of Google

Aug 2, 2022 7:11 AM in response to PRP_53

Yes, that was one of my issues is that I don't use Chrome and I was unwilling to install any additional browsers as I've never had any issues with Safari--even on sites that they suggest using "chrome" "explorer" whatever. I refuse. haha. But for some reason, I was getting ready to call Apple to have them help me with the DNS issue (or whatever it was) and I tested it today and it's back working. So maybe google was just updating some of their servers? I dunno. I'm just glad it's working. Wow. That info about Chrome is crazy.

google error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.