You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade in

hello,

My Macbook Pro isn't working. The repairs are way too expensive. Can i trade it in to get a discount on a new Macbook Pro?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 12:45 PM

You can certainly try. When you go to purchase a new Mac, one of the first steps will be to provide information on a trade-in. It will be important to answer the questions honestly. Once you do, you should get an immediate response to the estimated trade-in value. Unfortunately, my guess is that it will not have any as it is not operational (according to what you posted.) If that is the case, Apple will still offer to dispose of it for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2022 12:45 PM in response to ptotherizzo

You can certainly try. When you go to purchase a new Mac, one of the first steps will be to provide information on a trade-in. It will be important to answer the questions honestly. Once you do, you should get an immediate response to the estimated trade-in value. Unfortunately, my guess is that it will not have any as it is not operational (according to what you posted.) If that is the case, Apple will still offer to dispose of it for you.

Trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.