You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No wake alarm on watch when iPhone is awake

I use the haptic wake alarm set by Sleep as my alarm clock and I missed an early appointment this morning because the alarm went off on my iPhone (which was in another room) instead of my watch.

I use an app that controls a Harmony Hub, which controls my home entertainment centre and the app has an option to prevent the phone from sleeping while it is in use. Last night I turned off the TV etc. but left the app open, which kept the phone awake all night.

I'm assuming that, seeing the phone as awake, Sleep assumed I was using it and sent the alarm to the phone instead of the watch. Is there a way to make the alarm go off on the watch regardless of whether the phone is asleep or awake?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 5:00 PM

2 replies

No wake alarm on watch when iPhone is awake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.