You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage going as ordinary text

My brother and I both have iphones. When I send anyone else a text, it goes as an iMessage. Everything to my brother goes as an ordinary text message. I have checked his settings and he has iMessage turned on. What am I missing?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 2:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 10:38 AM

hmmm....Interesting. I haven't heard of that happening unless imessage is off. It is a feature of imessage, so honestly, I would contact Apple Support for help. I couldn't imagine it being a TMobile issue.

Good luck & if you don't mind, please post a fix if you find one. I am very curious as to why that is happening.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2022 10:38 AM in response to SteveShapiro

hmmm....Interesting. I haven't heard of that happening unless imessage is off. It is a feature of imessage, so honestly, I would contact Apple Support for help. I couldn't imagine it being a TMobile issue.

Good luck & if you don't mind, please post a fix if you find one. I am very curious as to why that is happening.

iMessage going as ordinary text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.