You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Japanese anime purchased in Hong Kong only has Chinese subtitles?

While browsing for Castle in the Sky it showed that it had English subtitles so I logged in and purchased it.

As I was playing the anime I tried to turn on subtitles on to see that English is unavailable in the bottom right menu.

After navigating back to my library and clicking on it to see it's description I noticed it all became Chinese.

I went back to the website only to now see there is only Chinese under where it says subtitles.

How do I get English subtitles?

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 6:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:07 AM

Availability of audio languages and subtitle languages are set per title and per Store region, as determined by the supplying studio (Ghibli) for that region.

You may have found language information while browsing, that doesn’t apply to your Store region.

Unfortunately, users can’t add languages to what is offered.

Castle in the sky (1986) on iTunes - Apple (HK)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2022 8:07 AM in response to panda360

Availability of audio languages and subtitle languages are set per title and per Store region, as determined by the supplying studio (Ghibli) for that region.

You may have found language information while browsing, that doesn’t apply to your Store region.

Unfortunately, users can’t add languages to what is offered.

Castle in the sky (1986) on iTunes - Apple (HK)

Japanese anime purchased in Hong Kong only has Chinese subtitles?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.