You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crack on macbook casing

I have a crack on my macbook metal casing. Screen is fine and working well. Any idea what caused this and how I could stop it from getting worse?

MacBook

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 6:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 6:24 AM

donnaaal wrote:

I have a crack on my macbook metal casing. Screen is fine and working well. Any idea what caused this and how I could stop it from getting worse?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/82a5bbfc-c97b-48a7-b050-370def896252

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2022 6:24 AM in response to donnaaal

donnaaal wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/82a5bbfc-c97b-48a7-b050-370def896252

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Jun 4, 2022 8:10 AM in response to donnaaal

donnaaal wrote:

Thanks. Do you mean I have to replace the whole screen even though the screen is fine?

only the outside casing is cracked.

yes—replace the damaged part...

screen is not fine if it is dented and damaged(?)—you are not going to pry apart the factory Display Assembly. Full stop.

there are 3 separate components:

• bottom plate (bottom case)
  • upper case ( including keyboard)
  • Display assembly (lid/screen unit/projector cable)

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Crack on macbook casing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.