You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing messages on iPhone

I have had my iPhone XS for probably 2 years and without any issues not 1. Over the last week I received a few pop ups from Apple saying phone has been hacked & to click on a button within a certain amount of time to prevent it, and I didn’t do that thinking it was a possible way to get hacked by clicking on the button, but at that time there were no issues when I didn’t click, A couple days later I picked up my phone and screen said I had to wait 7 mins to unlock (looked as if I had attempted to put in the correct password to many times) once opened it it looked normal and it allows me to call out and receive calls without being under a wifi, but other than the calls I now have to b under a wifi to be able to send messages or access websites. A popup screen says could not access cellular data. My software is up to date and all my apps are as well. Please let me know as soon as possible what I can do to fix this issue.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on May 29, 2022 1:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 1:41 PM

You have fallen for a scam! I think you will need to restore the phone to completely rid yourself of this junk. Try this link, you can restore your data later using a recent back-up

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Also read this link, so this doesn't happen again...

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2022 1:41 PM in response to Livlife00

You have fallen for a scam! I think you will need to restore the phone to completely rid yourself of this junk. Try this link, you can restore your data later using a recent back-up

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Also read this link, so this doesn't happen again...

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Phishing messages on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.