You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus hacked

I think my iPhone 7 Plus have been hacked, I can only send and receive text messages, I can't make or receive voice phone calls. I did a factory(hard) reset, but the problem still exist. Is there any way to fix this. Cant replace the phone right now.

thanks for any help.

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 5:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 6:43 AM

So it sounds like the phone can make calls, but you can’t hear or be heard? Here is a diagnostic to check→If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

And your phone repair guy is correct; the audio IC can fail, and more frequently in the iPhone 7 series than other models (but it’s still not that common). Actually, it’s more often that a connection to the IC comes loose. If it is out of warranty Apple’s charge for repair of a 5 year old phone probably isn’t worth the investment. The above link essentially tests the audio system. A good independent repairer experienced in microsoldering can probably fix it if this is the problem; the trouble is finding a “good” independent is a challenge, as there is no certification process.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2021 6:43 AM in response to LevelVibes9

So it sounds like the phone can make calls, but you can’t hear or be heard? Here is a diagnostic to check→If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

And your phone repair guy is correct; the audio IC can fail, and more frequently in the iPhone 7 series than other models (but it’s still not that common). Actually, it’s more often that a connection to the IC comes loose. If it is out of warranty Apple’s charge for repair of a 5 year old phone probably isn’t worth the investment. The above link essentially tests the audio system. A good independent repairer experienced in microsoldering can probably fix it if this is the problem; the trouble is finding a “good” independent is a challenge, as there is no certification process.

Apr 26, 2021 4:58 PM in response to LevelVibes9

Signal and WhatsApp are not the problem. I have both on my phone, along with Telegram, all 3 of which use the same encryption open source code developed originally for Signal.

Have you checked for a carrier update? Go to Settings/General/About and wait about a minute. If there is a carrier settings update you will be prompted to install it.

Have you tried restarting your phone→Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If you open the Phone app can you enter a number to call? What happens when you do?

Does the phone show Searching or No Service? If not, contact your carrier about not being able to use voice. You may need a new SIM, or perhaps your account has been misconfigured by the carrier.

I guarantee that if you have not jailbroken your phone it has not been hacked.

Apr 27, 2021 12:36 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Okay, I see what you're saying about WhatsApp and Signal Lawrence.

I never before, but I just checked for a carrier update, and I was not prompted.

I usually restart my phone once or twice a day, just to keep it fresh from any buggy app or website that may get hung up and. is causing my phone to get brain fog.

Yes, when I open the Phone app I can enter and call any number. Some numbers ring, others don't. I can't detect a rhyme or reason. For those that don't ring, I can see that the time is going. Also, I can't turn on my speaker in either of these calls.

'Searching or No Service' never appeared. I saw that I always have service. I did take it to a carrier outlet, and the guy there tinkered with it for a while, then told me to take it to Apple Support.

Also, I visited a phone repair shop, and the guy there told me 7 & 7 plus have outstanding 'Audio IC' issues. I have no idea what that is.

I wanted to fix it myself, but I might have to take it to a Apple Support center and see if they can help.

I don't know if you have any idea what 'audio IC' issues are.

Thanks again for helping, I've learned a couple things about the phone.

iPhone 7 Plus hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.